Our objective at Clubhouse Pediatric Dentistry is to give the most outstanding quality dental care possible. We also know that some youngsters experience anxiety when they see the dentist. For kids, going to the dentist can be a frightening experience. Anxiety could result from previous dental experiences, stories from friends or siblings, or even movies or TV shows! Whatever the reason, various factors might contribute to a child’s anxiousness. We offer several types of sedation dentistry to assure your child’s comfort throughout their appointment.
When Do We Use Sedation Dentistry?
The use of sedation during dental treatment is referred to as sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry uses sedatives to help patients relax during dental procedures. Sedation is most typically utilized for: lengthy operations, for patients with dental
phobias, or for children unable to hold still. Sedation can range from nitrous oxide/ laughing gas to general anesthetics. Sedation may be necessary for patients with: dental anxiety, a low stimulus tolerance, lengthy dental procedures, physical disabilities, special healthcare needs, a strong gag reflex, or other special circumstances.
The type of sedation used will depend on the procedure being performed and your child’s level of anxiety. Sedation dentistry can help patients feel more relaxed and comfortable during dental procedures.
There are several benefits of sedation dentistry:
- It helps to reduce anxiety and stress for patients who experience dental fear or anxiety.
- It allows patients to receive complex dental procedures in one appointment, saving time and money.
- Sedation dentistry can help improve the quality of dental work by preventing patients from moving around during the procedure.
- It can help reduce pain and discomfort during dental procedures.
- Some types of sedation dentistry, such as IV sedation, can help to create a more relaxed experience for young children.
Questions Regarding Sedation
We are dedicated to our relationship with parents and their children. We understand this may be a new experience for you and your child! We prioritize their comfort and your peace of mind. Our goal is for your child to leave with a big, bright smile!
Sedation dentistry may be the ideal option for your child. Don’t hesitate to call and learn more about all we have to offer at Clubhouse Pediatric Dentistry!